AMB YOHANA MARGIF LEGITIMATE LABOUR PARTY GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE OF PLATEAU STATE,THE TASKING ROAD TO JUSTICE
MARGIF MEDIA TEAM
29TH, AUGUST 2022
1. *Amb. Yohana Yilpwan Margif* emerged unopposed as the gubernatorial candidate of Labour Party in Plateau State, on 9th June, 2022.
2. A Certificate of Return (COR) was directly handed over to Amb. Margif, by the National Chairman of the Labour Party at the Party Secretariat in Abuja, in a ceremony with other officials of the party.
3. On the 2nd August, 2022, Amb. Y. Y. Margif wrote a letter to INEC and Labour Party respectively, to debunk rumours that he has withdrawn from the governorship race in Plateau State, as the standard flag bearer of Labour Party.
4. On the 2nd August, 2022, rather than a response to the letter of Amb. Y. Y. Margif, the National Chairman and the Secretary of Labour Party sent a letter to INEC, to schedule a second gubernatorial primary election in Plateau State without first consulting/informing the already existing standard flag bearer, Amb Y.Y. Margif.
5. On the 3rd and 4th August, 2022, respectively, the Labour Party State Chairperson and the National Chairman individually hosted Amb. Y. Y. Margif for a brief meeting but never informed him about their plan for another gubernatorial primary election in the State.
A. 4th, August 2022,Security agencies were enlished and dispatch from Jos to Abujà to effect the arrest of Àmb Margif over minor trade dispute between himself and his associates with full influence of some persons within the Labour Party.
B.Thereafter, the Labour Party hosted a purported gubernatorial primary election on 5th August, 2022, at Ken Palace Hotel, in Jos, where one Dr. Patrick Dakum was said to have been elected as the governorship candidate of the party.
It is very important to note here that the Dr. Patrick Dakum in question is listed in two court cases of the APC Party in Plateau State, as one of the aspirants that lost out in the Governorship Primaries of the APC in Plateau State.
6. On 8th August, 2022, Amb. Y.Y. Margif wrote another letter to Labour Party and INEC to reiterate his non-withdrawal from the governorship race in Plateau State.
In furtherance, Amb. Y. Y. Margif embarked on legal steps to safeguard his governorship ticket, by swearing an affidavit at the High Court of Justice at the FCT, Abuja, over his non-withdrawal from the governorship race in Plateau State. In addition, he also applied to INEC for Certified True Copies (CTC) of the contentious letter of Labour Party dated 2/8/2022, together with its supporting documents.
7. Upon receipt of the CTC from INEC, Amb. Y. Y. Margif observed that the purported letter and affidavit of his withdrawal from the governorship race were forged and replete with inaccuracies which he definitely wasn’t responsible for.
8. On 15th August, 2022, Amb. Y.Y. Margif filed a law suit at the Federal High Court Jos, to secure his governorship ticket as Plateau State Labour Party unopposed candidate.
During the first hearing of the case on the 24th of August, 2022, the Trial Judge announced to the parties to the suit that the case file will be transferred to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court in Abuja. In other words, the case is currently in the Federal High Court Abuja.
*APPEAL* : The Plateau State Labour Party governorship candidate, Amb. Y.Y Margif, hereby wishes to appeal and solicit the indulgence of esteemed men, women, youths, indeed, the good and loving people of Plateau State, who have the interest of Labour Party and Plateau State at heart, to stop Dr. Patrick Dakum from ridiculing and degrading Labour Party as well as the image of the State by his rousing efforts against Amb. Y.Y Margif.
*Finally*, The ungodly exercise by Dr. Dakum against Amb Y.Y. Margif is a demeaning act that demonstrates gross insensitivity to Democratic tenets. As a matter of fact, the actions of Dr Patrick Dakum raise serious issues of misrepresentation of his character and integrity. If Dr Patrick Dakum is capable of indulging in the use of *“forged”* documents to pursue a political ambition of Governorship, then he is obviously not a suitable and a fit and proper person to be trusted with the affairs of our Beautiful Plateau State.
God bless you, Labour Party, Plateau State & the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
MARGIF MEDIA TEAM
count | 18