The Executive Chairman Qua’an-Pan Local Government Council, LGC, Hon. Ernest Abner Da’a on Friday October 21, 2022, held a parley with his Media Team, where he presented the one year scorecard of the QP Project: Endless Possibilities Administration, in the LGA.
The speech is presented, thus.
- Fellow people of Qua’an-Pan, one year ago, the QP Project: Endless Possibilities Administration in Qua’an-Pan Local Government, alongside 16 other Local Government Councils in Plateau State were inaugurated. The inauguration marks a further consolidation of on the gains of our democracy as it opened up new chapters in the practice of Democratic governance through the demonstration of selfless, people-oriented and collective drive towards socio-cultural and economic transformation.
- I congratulate all of us for the journey so far and for our achievements in the last year and for our determination to take our Local Government Area, our people of Plateau State and our country Nigeria to greater heights.
- I am grateful in many ways to my cabinet members, the Legislative arm, the traditional council, the Directors, the wonderful staff, governmental and non-governmental (civil and military) agencies for their patriotism and the courage they have so far demonstrated in making Qua’an-Pan Local Government Area a true bastion of democratic experience.
- Every administration has its peculiar challenges but the task we set for ourselves and our people is to reflect and appreciate these challenges with the view to turn them around positivity to better the lots of our people.
- With this, the QP Project: Endless Possibilities Administration under my watch has, in the last year made strides and re-ignited the hope of our citizens that democratic government truly empowers the people with the capacity to deliver real benefits and give them better quality of life.
- As stated earlier, each administration has its challenges, and some of the challenges we faced on assumption of office were the dearths in finance and the high degree of insecurity, which left the entire LGA in sleepless panic
- Undeterred by these challenges and with the determination and cooperation of the workforce and the citizens, we set for ourselves targets and timelines to change the narrative in order to maximize our potentials and give our people hope to engage in fruitful activities under a peaceful environment.
- Today, we can say that by encouraging collective participation based on shared prosperity, transparent and participatory governance, we have been able to surmount some of our challenges; and provided respite and dividends of democracy within our limited available resources.
- May I, at this juncture reflect and put on record some of the achievements of the QP Project: Endless Possibilities administration in Qua’an-Pan Local Government Council under my leadership in the past one year.
i. You are aware that security plays an important role in the life of any society. Without security, nothing can work. A stable security environment creates room for peaceful coexistence and enhances economic growth and development. On assumption of office, we were faced with series of security challenges.
ii. In order to curb the situation, the Council partnered with the various security agencies and outfits within and outside of LGA, and provided assistance to them.
iii. These partnership saw the maximization of the services of the Army, Police and other recognized outfits, like The Vigilante, Community Police, Neighborhood Watch, etc., which today have reduced the level of crimes, criminalities and criminal activities in the Local Government.
iv. Our partnership also gave birth to the establishment of an additional Divisional Police Office in the LGA, with the full status of the office, located in Namu. I am glad to inform you that the Local Government will soon hand over the completed fully fortified office structure to the Police.
v. When fully operational, the station will boost our efforts at minimizing security breaches and or challenges within the Local Government Area and it’s environs to the barest minimum.
vi. We have also been responding promptly and regularly to other security challenges, once we get wind of them, especially around Namu District.
vii. I commend all the security agencies for their cooperation in this fight and I encourage them to remain dogged in our drive towards the sustenance of a peaceful and secured LGA. I want to assure them of our continued support in their drives toward meeting their respective mandates.
- General Administration and Chieftaincy Affairs
Despite our lean financial base, under my leadership, we have:
a. i. Reinvigorated the work force through prompt payments of salaries and settlements of various entitlements, the result of which today we have a highly motivated and more productive workforce.
ii. Paid some backlogs of salaries and benefits of past political office holders.
b. Paid some Contract liabilities
c. Facilitated the selection and confirmation of some village heads.
- Works Department
My good people of Qua’an-Pan, we have within the one year of this Administration, among others;-
a. Reconstructed the Namu – Langkaku road bridge.
b. Procured three (3) new mowers and for the maintenance of the secretariat compound and it’s surroundings.
c. Effected comprehensive overhaul of the pavilion of Qua’an-Pan Mini Stadium, Ba’ap.
Under education, the Administration, we:
a. Procured and donated 15 brand new computers to Potter Memorial Secondary School, Kwalla to enhance e-learning.
- SOCIAL SERVICES
a. For any society to strive, peace and peaceful coexistence within and among the communities is very critical towards mutual understanding and growth.Through inter religious and communal interactions, our Local Government today is enjoying relative peace. Through these, we have overcome some of the factors of division and now work assiduously and collectively with greater unity and fraternity. I commend everyone of us for this, especially our religious and traditional rulers and the Youths for this great feat.
d. On our side we will continue to provide levelling ground for the people to interact better, under a fair and equitable atmosphere.
e. In our desire to further promote peaceful coexistence within the Local Government, we organized the Peace and Unity Chairman’s Cup Tournament, tagged “Endless Possibilities Peace Football Tournament/Talent Hunt”; through Plateau Youth Council (PYC) Qua’an-Pan LGC.
f. In the year under review we provided Financial Assistance to some institutions to enable them provide services to their respective communities. They include:
i. OLA Hospital Namu.
ii. Central Mosque Kurgwi
iii. Central Mosque Kwa (Darika and Izalatul JIBWIS)
iv. Many indegent persons and groups.
g. The LGC in partnership with Plateau State Microfinance Development Agency (PLASMIDA), trained about 250 persons living with disability in LGA on skills in various areas of entrepreneurship.
h. We also in partnership with Beautiful Gates Foundation distributed over hundred wheelchairs to people living with disabilities.
- HEALTH CARE
Health, they say is wealth. We take the health of our people seriously. In this regard, we undertook several medical interventions in order to provide succor to the citizens. Among these interventions are:-
a. Provision of Free Comprehensive Medical and surgical services to over 10,000 citizens.
b. The completion of the construction work on the PHC Clinic at Kurgwi East Ward.
c. The distribution of large quantities of Drugs and other Hospital equipment to various PHC Clinics in the LGA, under the Drugs Revolving Scheme programme of the QP Project administration.
In the period under review, the Council:
a. Provided conducive atmosphere for our farmers by meeting their needs with some tools needed to enhance productions.
b. Repaired the Local Government Tractors and put them back to use by our farmers to boost output, as well as generate revenue for the council.
- My dear people of Qua’an-Pan, our journey has just begun. The Administration will continue to focus on the things we have penciled down to execute to better our lives as a family.
- As we celebrate our one year in office, I once again thank you for the unalloyed support I have and will continue to receive as we forge ahead. I must say that your support and cooperation has been unconditional, bipartisan and unprecedented, and we appreciate it. Together we shall be great.
- Thank you and God bless.
count | 10