The Executive Governor of Plateau State, Barr. Caleb Mutfwang on Friday 9th June, 2023 inaugurated the 17 Local Government Council Management Committee Chairmen approved by the State House of Assembly with a call on them to provide credible and visionary leadership to the people at the grassroot.
He also urged them not to see their office as an avenue for self enrichment but a call to serve the people and provide them with dividends of democracy.
The Governor who was represented by the Deputy Governor, her Excellency Hon. Josephine Piyo admonished them to work towards stabilizing the third-tier of Government and ensure the people at the grassroot feel the impact of good governance.
She hinted that the appointment of the Management Committee Chairmen became imperative to avoid leadership vacuum at the third-tier of Government following the recommendation for the suspension and sack of the former Chairmen of the Councils by the Plateau State House of Assembly for failing to appear before it or furnish it with the accounts of their stewardship having received petitions.
The event which held at the Old Government House Rayfield was well attended by the Speaker of the State House of Assembly Hon. Abok Nuhu, Members of the State House of Assembly, Members-elect, Secretary to the Government of the State Arc. Samuel Jatau, Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice Barr. Philemon Dafi, Hon. Chris Hassan the PDP State Chairman, Hon. Latep Dabang, party supporters and well wishers.
Below are the Management Committee Chairmen sworn in:
- Hon. Markus Hussaini – Jos East
- Hon. Sati Shuwa – Riyom
- Hon. Peter Vwang-Dung – Jos South
- Hon. Fidelis Adara – Bassa
- Hon. Danjuma Kim – Barikin Ladi
- Hon. Istifanus John – Jos North
- Hon. Markus Artu – Mangu
- Hon. Monday Kassa – Bokkos
- Hon. Samuel Go’ar – Pankshin
- Hon. Caleb Shikir – Kanke
- Hon. Ado Yusuf – Kanam
- Hon. Nicholas Kemi Nshe – Shendam
- Hon. Christopher Audu Manship – Qua’an-Pan
- Hon. Daniel Kungmi – Mikang
- Hon. Nanmwa Kumzhi – Langtang North
- Hon. Mrs Manji Dangfa – Langtang South
- Hon. Hamisu Anani – Wase
count | 389