Distinguished Senator Joshua Chibi Dariye who hails from Horop in Mushere Chiefdom of Bokkos Local Government has over the years become a household name within the context of Plateau politics. Popularly called ‘’Head Boy’’, the two term governor of the home of peace and tourism (1999-2007) and now a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (2011-date) has never left anyone in doubt about his rich political credentials and journey to attain enviable heights with the overwhelming support of his friends, fans and well-wishers. As a chattered accountant of great repute turned politician, Dariye’s extraordinary journey in the world of politics has given him boundless opportunities to make an incredible impact on humanity and enhance development for the benefit of his people. At some points, he was distracted by the whirlwind of politics, orchestrated by his enemies but he didn’t allow the distractions to scuttle his efforts in building hope for the masses and delivering quality democracy dividends throughout his senatorial zone. It is hope that Senator Dariye will continue to leverage on all opportunities to bequeath worthy legacies in the interest of all his people.
CURRICULUM VITAE (CV)
1. LEA Primary school Mushere – 1967-1973
2. Government College Makurdi – 1973-1978
3. Kaduna Polytechnic (HND) -1978-1983
4. St. Clement University, Amsterdam
5. University of Jos (Masters in Law and Diplomacy)
6. Aurther D. Little, Massachusetts, USA
7. London school of Economics (2002)
8. Pannell Kerr Foster London School of Accountancy
9. National Youth Service Corps (Kano) – 1983-1984
10. Industrial Attachment (Internship)
• Plateau state Hospital Management Board
• University of Jos Bursary Department
• Panel Kerr Forster (Chattered Accountants)
• Messer Pannel Kerr Forster
Chattered Accountant Jos, (1984-1988). Rose from the rank of Audit Clerk to Audit Manager
• Chief Accountant, Plateau publishing Company Ltd (1988-1989)
• Chief Inspector, Lion Bank (April 1989-April1990)
• Benue Cement Company Plc as General Manager Finance and Admin (1996-1997)
1. 1998: Resigned from Benue Cement Company Ltd to go into politics. Joined the Defunct UNPC (United Nigeria People’s Congress to contest for position of Governor Plateau state. Following the death of Gen. Sani Abacha, GCFR, that brought an end to all political activities countrywide.
2. Governor of Plateau state (1999-2007)
Contested on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party with 8 other contestants and defeated them to emerge the flag bearer. The final election that saw my emergence as the Governor of Plateau state was a hot contest between me and the candidate of Alliance for Democracy (AD) and the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP). My mission of Re-engineering and leaving Plateau state better than I met is still dear to the good and peace loving people of Plateau state.
3. Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (2011-2015)
Contested on the platform of the Labour Party (LP) and won.
• Senate Committee that I served effectively
a) Vice Chairman Finance
b) Committee on Education
c) Committee Marine Transport
d) Committee Solid Mineral
e) Committee Water Resources
f) Committee constitution review
g) Committee ECOWAS Parliament
Contested under the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and won.
1. First Leaving School Certificate (FLSC)
2. West African school certificate (WASC)
3. HND Accounting (Upper Credit)
4. Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
St. Clement University Australia
5. Masters of Arts in Law and Diplomacy, University of Jos
6. Fellow Associate of Business Executive (FABE), USA
7. Certificate of participation in Legislative Studies
8. Fellow Institute of Chattered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA)
9. I have attended several courses locally and internationally in the areas of Leadership, Accounting, Taxation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Receiverships, Strategic Planning, Company Downsizing, Resource Application etc.
• Hong Kong
• South Korea
• South Africa
• Republic of Island
The above resume is a testimony of the amazing grace and unfailing love of God. To him, I ascribe all the glory. It has been the journey of faith, from a humble beginning to what is amazing today. For what I am, have and attained, I dedicate all to God Almighty, who has been my pillar and source of inspiration.
SEN. JOSHUA C. DARIYE JP, FCA, MBA, M.A (LAW &DIP)
count | 762